This is the first post for 2016 so I had to make it something amazing. And cake is the perfect way to start the year. I made this a few weeks ago and the oven was a little hot so it was a bit brown in spots. Posh cooks call this ‘caramalised’ which is really just saying you stuffed up and burnt it. But with this cheese cake burning it a bit is a good thing as it still tastes fantastic and it gives you the perfect excuse to make it again. Jo made this one and lowered the temp a bit. As you can see it is perfect, at least it was before I stuck my finger in it in my impatience to get stuck in to the yummyness (not sure if that is a word).
The Recipe is from Daves Mum and is the best, 100 ICU nurses can’t be wrong.
Daves Mums Cheese Cake
- 1 pack of smashed Granita biscuits
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of melted butter
- 2x 8oz packets of cream cheese softened
- 2 eggs, duck if you can get them
- 2/3 plus 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1 cup of sour cream
- Mix smashed biscuits with sugar and melted butter
- Press into base and sides of a spring form tin
- Cream the cheese until smooth
- Blend in eggs, 2/3 cup of sugar and 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Pour into crust and bake @ 190deg for 20min
- Remove from oven and cool for 15min
- Combine sour cream with the rest of the sugar and vanilla
- Carefully spread over baked filling
- Bake at 215deg for 10min
- Chill over night
Best make 2 as you will not want to share.